A timestamp for a title? Yeah, I role like that.

At least, I do when I’m not creative enough to come up with a better title. I’m getting things rolling and waiting for a build script to run at work right now. On the side I’m watching the Live ISS Space Walk Video on YouTube. It’s fantastic. As a space and rocket fan, placed into overdrive in recent years by Kerbal Space Program, I am loving the live video coverage of space operations that are becoming available online in recent years. I a am eagerly awaiting the SpaceX Return To Flight mission that is scheduled for the next couple of days. Hopefully it will go off without a hitch and they can move forward with improved launch statistics.

In other news, my first order of my Hol Food subscription has arrived. I missed having it for breakfast as it really makes me feel full for a few hours and it has enough fiber in it to help my guts feel good too. I have found that my diverticulosis presents fewer symptoms when I have increased dietary fibre and water intake. Hol Food makes it easy and quick to have a healthy fulsome snack instead of having crappy junk that could lead to kidney stones again since I’m still at risk for those apparently.

One final bit of news is that I have finally updated my timepiece. For a little while I wore a FitBit Charge. It was great, gave me some feedback about my sleep, but after about a year the strap delaminated and it was no longer on warranty. I had enough issues viewing and synching the data that I didn’t bother to replace it with a new one and have stopped wearing it.

Since I had the FitBit for a while my old watch’s battery had died. So I went out yesterday to have the battery replaced. While I was waiting for the battery to be swapped I looked at the display of automatic watches they had in the jewellery store. I had started by asking the lady at the store about the automatic watches but I think she assumed I meant mechanical only because that’s all she singled out at first. Mechanical automatic watches are a bit more expensive than the price range I had in mind though. So instead I reviewed a bunch of the watches in their mens display while she was swapping the battery in my old watch. I came upon the Citizen Eco-Drive line of watches, which are electronic but have solar panels in their faces so that they can charge their batteries just by being worn. I have small hands and dislike watches the size of my palm so I chose one of the slimmest watch bodies in the Eco-Drive line, but then I picked out the all black, most feature packed version of that watch in the display. What I ended up with is the watch pictured below.

[archives] [tags]

About this Site |  Pelican |  Twitter Bootstrap |  Tag Cloud |  Lightbox2 | 

Git Logs:  escadrille  blog  music 

Last Updated: 2018-02-28 21:06 Powered by pain and suffering, reading, beer and the sun. Curtis Sand, 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Curtis Sand and Quizzical Silicon with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. -- © Curtis Sand

" "